**We have selected interns for the 2016-2017 academic year. Applications for the 2017-2018 academic year will be accepted beginning January 15, 2017.**
Applications are accepted beginning in January for trainees to start in September. This is a two semester experience running Fall semester (September – December) and Spring semester (January – May). If necessary to complete their school requirements, trainees may negotiate to stay during the summer. Each year we have 2 trainee slots available depending on staff and space availability.
Application start date:
- January 15th or closest subsequent business day
- Applications received prior to January 15th will not be reviewed until after January 15th
Application end date:
- May 16th or when slots are filled, whichever is earlier
- Cover letter describing why the UIC Office of Career Services is where you want to do your fieldwork
- Resume showcasing relevant related experience and/or transferable skills
- Statement regarding when you will complete a career development/career counseling/career theory/students affairs/related theory class.
- Statement of the requirements for your field work including hours you need to complete and supervision requirements
- Interviews will be conducted in our office beginning February 1st and will continue until May 16th or when slots are filled, whichever is earlier
Practicum/Internship start date:
- September 1st or closest subsequent business day